10 semesters, title awarded: Doctor Medicinae Dentaire
Each year around 50 students start their dental medicine studies in the English Language Programme.
In the first three years the students are taught the basic sciences - medical and dental courses - which are the foundation of clinical dentistry. In the second year students already learn dental procedures on manikins. From the third year on more emphasis is placed on the study of dental diseases and their treatment. The last two years serve the intensive clinical study of each of the various disciplines of dentistry with emphasis on the assessment and management of patients. Furthermore, throughout their training students participate in elective programmes, clinical conferences and hospitalbased practices.
1. Applicants are required to be over the age of 18 in the year of application (by December 31).
2. Applications are accepted from graduates of accredited high schools or colleges/universities. According to the decision of the Admission Committee of the Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Szeged, students who have failed any subject in the final year of their high school studies are not entitled to apply to our programmes.
3. You are also eligible to complete your online application and sit for an entrance examination if you are in your final year but have not received your School Leaving Certificate or Diploma yet. In this case, you must present proof that you are attending high school.
4. Applicants are required to sit for an entrance examination. Entrance examinations are held in Hungary and abroad. The applicants are allowed to participate in a maximum of two examinations during one application period if the chance is offered by the University of Szeged.
5. Holders of the following degrees can be exempted from sitting for the entrance examination:
GCE A2 levels
Students are required to achieve grade A in three natural science subjects
(Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) and English language
GCE AS level grades are not considered to meet university requirements.
Predicted A2 level grades of the second semester are considered for conditional acceptance.
IB Diploma Programme
Students are required to achieve a grade 5 in two natural science subjects
(Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) and English language.
In your final year, predicted grades of the second semester are considered for conditional acceptance.
BSc Degree Programmes
First Class Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural, Biomedical, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biology and Physics and Dental Hygiene if studies were pursued in English language.
Transfer from other universities
Students who have successfully pursued dental medicine studies in English language at other accredited universities can apply for admission without being obliged to take an entrance examination.
Preconditions of transfer are set by the Faculty of Dentistry.
Admission to an upper year might be possible if subjects of previous studies identical or similar (at least 75%) to the curriculum of the University of Szeged are approved.
Please note that at least 50 per cent (%) of the student’s complete dental medicine studies must be fulfilled at the University of Szeged.
Detailed information on the relevant curriculum and the study plans is available here.
Transfer students might be subject to take evaluation examinations in certain subjects. Evaluation examinations are organized individually. Detailed information about the examination dates and exam registration will be sent to the applicant after the submission of all application documents.