8 semesters, degree awarded: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Faculty of Health Sciences and Social Studies admits close to 20 per year to the English Language Programme.
Nurse programme provides theoretical and practical knowledge of nursing science. The programme is to encompass all aspects of care, additionally provides courses on subjects like psychological care, nursing research, nursing management and counselling.
The aim of the programme is to train specialists:
▪ who have wide range of competencies in clinical practice and complex decision-making ability
▪ who have the expertise in life sciences, health sciences, nursing- and nutrition science, physiotherapy-, medicine- and social sciences, furthermore they have clinical-, diagnostic- and therapeutic competencies.
During the study period students acquire the theoretical knowledge in lectures and demonstrational classroom practices. At the end of the second year they start their clinical practices. Field practices play a significant role in deepening the acquired professional skills. The last two semesters consist of mainly field practices in clinics.
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BScN) acquired in our institution is equivalent to degrees earned in other EU countries.
1. Applicants are required to be over the age of 18 in the year of application.
2. Applications are accepted from graduates of accredited high schools or colleges/universities. According to the decision of the Admission Committee of the the Faculty of Health Sciences and Social Studies of the University of Szeged, students who have failed in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or English Language in the final year of their high school studies are not entitled to apply.
3. You are also eligible to complete your online application and sit for an entrance examination if you are in your final year but have not received your School Leaving Certificate or Diploma yet. In this case, you must present proof that you are attending high school.
4. Applicants are allowed to participate in a maximum of two examinations in one application period, if the chance is offered by the Faculty.
If you are applying to the Nurse Programme only, the entrance examination will cover just the assessment of your English language proficiency.
In case of parallel application to the General Medicine, Dental Medicine or Pharmacy Programmes, you need to participate in the regular entrance examination.
5. Holders of the following degrees can be exempted from sitting for the entrance examination: Motivational interview might be required!
GCE A2 levels
Students are required to achieve grade B in three natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) and English language.
Predicted A2 level grades are of the second semester considered for conditional acceptance.
GCE AS/O level grades are not considered to meet university requirements.
Students are required to achieve a grade 4 at minimum standard level in two natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Sports, Exercise and Health Sciences) and English language.
In your final year, predicted grades of the second semester are considered for conditional acceptance.
IB Certificates are not considered to meet exemption requirements.
Upper second class Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural, Biomedical, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Physiotherapy, Nurse and Nursing if studies were pursued in English language.
Admission to an upper year might be possible if subjects of previous studies are identical or at least 75% similar to the curriculum of the University of Szeged.