The Medical and Pharmacy Programs were accredited by the Hungarian Accreditation Committee (HAC) in 1998 and 2005. The Dental Medicine Program was accredited in the year 2006. The accreditation of all three programs was renewed in 2011.
The University of Szeged is nationally and internationally recognized higher education institute. This fact is confirmed by several awards and acknowledgements.
• The Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Pharmacy have been awarded the title Center of Excellence (for the period between the years 2006-2011) by the Hungarian Accreditation Committee.
• The medical school is listed in the directory of the World Health Organization.
• In 2011 the National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA) reaffirmed its prior determination that the standards and the processes used by the Hungarian Accreditation Council to accredit medical schools in Hungary are comparable to those used to accredit medical schools in the United States.
• The Medical Program fulfilled all the criteria of a visiting committee of the New York State Educational Department in April 2002. The Faculty of Medicine is proud that its academic achievements have also been recognized by the State of California. Due to the accreditation, which was granted in September 2003, English Program students can participate in clinical clerkships in approved California training sites. Graduates of the English Program can also take part in postgraduate training programs in California and become licensed in California, provided all licensing requirements are satisfied.
• In 2005, it was certified by SGS (Société Générale de Surveillance - the world's leading inspection, verification and certification company) that the healthcare system of the Albert Szent-Györgyi Clinical Center meets the requirements of the ISO 9001:2000 and KES 2.0 standards.
• The degrees are accepted within the European Union and in several other countries in the world. Citizens of the EU and EEC will receive their licence automatically within the Community. Furthermore, all medical graduates are entitled to participate in the US Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
• The University of Szeged has been participating in the worldwide competition of “Green University” since 2010. According to data from the UI Green Metric Ranking of World Universities 2014, the university has reached a significant ranking position among the institutions. The University of Szeged is the greenest university in Hungary.
• Under the Hungarian Government’s decision the University of Szeged was granted the right to hold the prestigious University of National Excellence title in three consecutive years between 2013 and 2016.
• According to the 2015 "Webometrics Ranking of World Universities" which is based on web presence of the institutions, the University of Szeged positioned remarkably high. The survey was conducted by Cybermetrics Lab, a research group belonging to the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), the largest public research body in Spain. More information about the ranking can be found on the following website at www.webometrics.info/
• The University of Szeged is proud to be listed among the Top Universities according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) in thirteen consecutive years (2003-2015). ARWU adopts six objective indicators to rank world universities. The survey is conducted by Shanghai Jiao Tong University Institute of Higher Education and is updated on an annual basis. The complete lists and detailed methodologies can be found at the Academic Ranking of World Universities website at www.ShanghaiRanking.com/
• According to the 2014 year survey conducted by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) which is regarded to be one of the three most influential and widely observed international university rankings, along with the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and the Academic Ranking of World Universities, University of Szeged positioned in an excellent place. The list of the global university rating system is available at www.topuniversities.com since October, 2015.
• According to the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) that includes the best 1000 higher education institutions of the world, the University of Szeged received a great place in 2015. More information about the ranking can be found at cwur.org/2015/
• The University of Szeged holds an important ranking position on the University of Leiden World Ranking in 2015. The CWTS Leiden Ranking ranks universities from all over the world with the largest contribution in international scientific journals in the period of 2010–2013. The ranking is based on data from the Web of Science bibliographic database produced by Thomson Reuters. More information about the ranking is available at www.leidenranking.com/ranking/2015
• University of Szeged is proud to have won the Study Portals Award for Outstanding International Student Satisfaction 2014. The result is based on the analysis of thousands of student reviews on www.STeXX.eu - the world's largest database of international student experiences.
• Szeged secured a place among the 10 best European university towns on the Condé Nast Traveler website. The renowned travel magazine mentions Szeged as being the 8th best university town in Europe and the University of Szeged as the most prestigious university of Hungary.