2019. December 12.
Application deadline: January 16, 2021
Mission of the Programme
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between institutions. Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year. The number of Stipendium Hungaricum applicants is continuously increasing as well as the number of available scholarship places. The Programme is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
We are pleased to announce that Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical School is participating in the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme in the academic year 2021/2022
Students already studying at the self-financed English Language Programme of the Faculty at the University of Szeged can apply only if they are recommended by the university. In order to get your ”Recommendation Letter” please contact the Foreign Students’ Secretariat. (The Recommendation Letter should be uploaded to Dream Apply together with your transcript at the "Transcript of records" task ).
We would like to call your attention that the University can support the application of those students only whose cumulative, corrected sum average (“összesített korrigált kreditindex”) is higher than the students’ average performance in the particular study programme (“szakátlag”) in the first semester of the academic year 2020/2021.
Please note that information on your academic performance will be automatically provided by the Faculty of Medicine in the second half of February 2021.
In order to find out whether the Medical Programme (undivided/one-tier/full degree master studies) is supported by the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme in your country, please check the following site:
For further details regarding the application procedure, documents, deadlines, please visit:
Minimun level of English Language proficiency required
All teaching at the University of Szeged is carried out in English (with the exception of Latin and Hungarian language teaching) and tutors must be convinced that you have sufficient fluency in written and spoken English to cope with your courses from the start. Therefore, all non-native English-speaking applicants must satisfy one of the following requirements:
TOEFL PBT (paper-based test): 516-554 points
TOEFL IBT (internet-based test): 66-82 points
TOEFL CBT (computer-based test): 186-218 points
TOEIC : 610-705 points
IELTS: 5.5-6.5 points
The Entrance Examination consists of a written and an oral part in Biology, Chemistry and English Language.
Exemption from the entrance examination based on previous studies (IB, GCE A2 level, BSc) is not possible.
Please note that those applicants will receive an invitation to the oral entrance examination who reach at least 50 % at the written examination (in every subject separately)
Date of the examination: To be announced later via e-mail!
- The examination is conducted on the University’s online testing platform Coospace. If the candidate participates in the test from home (not at the host’s venue), the exam will be monitored via Zoom.
- There is a time limit to the test. Students will have 120 minutes to complete it. There is no time limit set by question and you will see only one question at a time.
- Each test contains three sections: 20 multiple-choice Biology questions, 20 multiple-choice Chemistry questions, 60 English Language questions (General and Medical English).
- The questions are multiple-choice questions. You will have to select one answer out of the 4-5 choices given for each question. When you have selected the answer you can go forward to the next question. It is only possible to move to the next question, moving backward to a former question is NOT possible. It is only possible to move forward to the next question if you have selected an answer. The „No answer” choice cannot be chosen. The system will ask you to click ’OK’ every time you would like to move forward with the questions.
- Each correct answer equals 1 point. (No points will be deducted if you give a wrong answer.)
- For completing the Chemistry test you will need a periodic table and a calculator, please prepare them before beginning the test.
- The oral part of the examination – interview with a University Professor – is conducted via Zoom and will last for about 20 minutes.
- Following a conversation on general issues you will be asked 2 questions in Biology and 2 questions in Chemistry in English Language.
- The schedule of the oral exam will be announced after the written exam.
- Please make sure to dress appropriately for the examination.
- The applicant's identity will be checked before the examination, therefore please make sure that you have your passport / ID card at hand.
- Please keep the schedule of both the written and the oral examination. In case of late login to any platform, or any part of the exam, applicants cannot join the examination.
- For both part of the examination the applicants are required to use two technical devices: The first one will be the actual platform of the examination, the second one serves monitoring. Please make sure that the camera of the second device is set up in such a way that both the applicant and the screen of the first device are clearly visible.
- The use of any further technical devices is stricly prohibited (headsets, earphones, smart watches, personal digital assistants etc.).
- The applicant has to be alone in the room for the entire duration of the examination.
Any violation of the above procedure may result in cancellation of your scores, dismissal by the test center staff, or banning from future exams. Failing to log on the required ZOOM meeting while taking the written examination in Coospace, may result in an invalid test.
Please note that you will be asked to accept the above conditions upon examination registration.