8 semesters, degree awarded: Physiotherapist (Bachelor)
The Faculty of Health Sciences and Social Studies admits close to 20 per year to the English-Language Programme.
The aim of the programme is to train professionals:
▪ who are able to perform science-based measurements, evaluations, to develop evidence-based protocols and to carry out professional leadership.
▪ who have a wide range of knowledge in life sciences, health sciences, nursing- and nutrition science, medicine- and social sciences.
▪ who have preventive-, diagnostic- and therapeutic competences in the fields of complex physiotherapy.
The programme is based on 7+1 semesters: 1-4 semesters beside others consist of basic subjects, professional theory and practice. 5-7 semesters include applied clinical physiotherapy knowledge and the last semester consists of different supervised clinical placements for developing professional skills. Being a practice-oriented profession the practical courses take place in small groups. During the study time students have the opportunity to get acquainted with special complex therapeutic methods.
1. Applicants are required to be over the age of 18 in the year of application.
2. Applications are accepted from graduates of accredited high schools or colleges/universities. According to the decision of the Admission Committee of the the Faculty of Health Sciences and Social Studies of the University of Szeged, students who have failed in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or English Language in the final year of their high school studies are not entitled to apply.
3. Applicants are required to sit for an entrance examination. If you are applying to the Physiotherapist Programme only, the entrance examination will cover just the assessment of your English language proficiency.
In case of parallel application to the General Medicine, Dental Medicine or Pharmacy Programmes, you need to participate in the regular entrance examination.
Entrance examinations are held in Hungary and abroad. The applicants are allowed to participate in a maximum of two examinations during one application period, if the chance is offered by the University of Szeged.
Holders of the following degrees can be exempted from sitting for the entrance examination:
GCE A2 levels
Students are required to achieve grade A in three natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) and English language.
GCE AS level grades are not considered to meet university requirements.
Predicted A2 level grades of the second semester are considered for conditional acceptance.
Students are required to achieve a grade 4 in two natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) and English language.
In your final year, predicted grades of the second semester are considered for conditional acceptance.
First Class Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural, Biomedical, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biology., Physics, Physiotherapy, Nurse and Nursing if studies were pursued in English language.
Transfer from other universities
Students who have successfully pursued physiotherapy studies in English language at other accredited universities can apply for admission without being obliged to take an entrance examination.
Preconditions of transfer are set by the Faculty of Health Sciences and Social Studies
Admission to an upper year might be possible if subjects of previous studies identical or similar (at least 75%) to the curriculum of the University of Szeged are approved.
Please note that at least one third of the student’s complete nursing studies must be fulfilled at the University of Szeged.
Detailed information on the relevan curriculum and the study plans is available here.
Transfer students might be subject to take evaluation examinations in certain subjects. Evaluation examinations are organized individually. Detailed information about the examination dates and exam registration will be sent to the applicant after the submission of all application documents.