8 semesters, degree awarded: Physiotherapist (Bachelor)
The Faculty of Health Sciences and Social Studies admits close to 20 per year to the English-Language Program.
The aim of the program is to train professionals:
▪ who are able to perform science-based measurements, evaluations, to develop evidence-based protocols and to carry out professional leadership.
▪ who have a wide range of knowledge in life sciences, health sciences, nursing- and nutrition science, medicine- and social sciences.
▪ who have preventive-, diagnostic- and therapeutic competences in the fields of complex physiotherapy.
The program is based on 7+1 semesters: 1-4 semesters beside others consist of basic subjects, professional theory and practice. 5-7 semesters include applied clinical physiotherapy knowledge and the last semester consists of different supervised clinical placements for developing professional skills. Being a practice-oriented profession the practical courses take place in small groups. During the study time students have the opportunity to get acquainted with special complex therapeutic methods.
1. Applicants are required to be over the age of 18 in the year of application.
2. Applications are accepted from graduates of accredited high schools or colleges/universities. According to the decision of the Admission Committee of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Szeged, students who have failed any subject in the final year of their high school studies are not entitled to apply to our programs.
3. Applicants are required to sit for an entrance examination. If you are applying to the Physiotherapist Program only, the entrance examination will cover just the assessment of your English language proficiency.
In case of parallel application to the General Medicine, Dental Medicine or Pharmacy Programs, you need to participate in the regular entrance examination.
Entrance examinations are held in Hungary and abroad. The applicants are allowed to participate in a maximum of two examinations during one application period, if the chance is offered by the University of Szeged.
Holders of the following degrees can be exempted from sitting for the entrance examination:
GCE A levels
Students are required to achieve grade A in three natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) and English language.
GCE AS level grades are not considered to meet university requirements.
Predicted A2 level grades are considered for conditional acceptance.
Students are required to achieve a grade 4 in two natural science subjects (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) and English language.
In your final year, predicted grades of the second semester are considered for conditional acceptance.
First Class Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural, Biomedical, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biology., Physics, Physiotherapy, Nurse and Nursing if studies were pursued in English language.