Until further notification in the current coronavirus situation, all examinations requiring personal presence, have been moved to online platforms.
In case the candidate applies in parallel to Semmelweis University, no separate examination needs to be taken for the University of Szeged. The applicant is requested to participate in the examination organized by Semmelweis University. In case of Szeged only applications, candidates will have to take part in the examination organized by the University of Szeged.
For examination dates, please check our entrance examination calendar:
About the exam
The applicants are allowed to participate in a maximum of two examinations during one application period, if the chance is offered by the University of Szeged.
The Entrance Examination consists of a written and an oral part in Biology, Chemistry and English Language. (In case of examinations hosted by the Admissions Office, University of Szeged Phyisics might be chosen instead of Chemistry.)
- The examination is conducted on the University’s online testing platform Coospace. If the candidate participates in the test from home (not at the host’s venue), the exam will be monitored via Zoom.
- There is a time limit to the test. Students will have 120 minutes to complete it. There is no time limit set by question and you will see only one question at a time.
- Each test contains three sections: 20 multiple-choice Biology questions, 20 multiple-choice Chemistry questions, 60 English Language questions (General and Medical English).
- The questions are multiple-choice questions. You will have to select one answer out of the 4-5 choices given for each question. When you have selected the answer you can go forward to the next question. It is only possible to move to the next question, moving backward to a former question is NOT possible. It is only possible to move forward to the next question if you have selected an answer. The „No answer” choice cannot be chosen. The system will ask you to click ’OK’ every time you would like to move forward with the questions.
- Each correct answer equals 1 point. (No points will be deducted if you give a wrong answer.)
- For completing the Chemistry test you will need a periodic table and a calculator, please prepare them before beginning the test.
- The oral part of the examination – interview with a University Professor – is conducted via Zoom and will last for about 20-30 minutes.
- Following a conversation on general issues you will be asked 2 questions in Biology and 2 questions in Chemistry in English Language.
- The schedule of the oral exam will be announced after the written exam.
Special conditions for Physiotherapy and Nursing Programme applicants: If you are applying to the Physiotherapy and Nursing Programmes only, the entrance examination will cover only the assessment of your English language proficiency. In case of parallel application to the General Medicine, Dental Medicine or Pharmacy Programmes, you need to participate in the regular entrance examination.
The use of Mobile phones and any other electronic devices (eg. Personal Digital Assistant, smart watches) during the examination is strictly prohibited. Any violation of this procedure may result in cancellation of your scores, dismissal by the test center staff, or banning from future exams. Failing to log on the required ZOOM meeting while taking the written examination in Coospace, may result in an invalid test.